Food Experiment gone wrong ðŸ˜‚😂

What happens when a noob like person tries to be Gordon Ramsay, Walter White or the crazy Walter Bishop……..they screw up bad. Although I had cooked few times at my sister’s place so I had the basic idea of cooking.

We were three roomates me, Richa and Rachana. Occasionally during Saturday’s or Sundays one of my roommate Rachana would cook fish for us.

Then one fine day I planned to cook mushroom curry. We got onions, tomatoes and potatoes from hostel mess and mushrooms from an online delivery app.

We had all the raw materials apart from spices and induction. So we went to a senior’s room at 5pm when she was deep asleep. Irritatedly she opened the door and asked what do you need we said induction and some spices for cooking and she gave it to us. Once we came back to our room and started cooking we realized that few more things were missing 😣. Yeah that’s where we screwed up…..it’s not good to wake up someone who is deep asleep as warth from God falls upon us🥺.

Little we knew what was coming for us. The second time it was just me who went to her room…..and knocked the door. This time she furious opened the door and she was like take everything….that was quite funny actually…..she was like take this take that take garam masala , take salt.

Being in a shock I went to my room with the remaining ingredients. Every thing went well till now, our food looked good with great aroma till it was time for the last chemical to be added which was “NaCl”. While adding the salt it looked kind of different from the regular salt consistency. We just neglected the fact and added it. And then all of a sudden the unexpected happened.

Me and my roommates trying to figure out what just happened

Turned out it wasn’t the NaCl but NaHCO3 in common man’s language known as Baking powder which gave us the memorable day. The expected curry turned out to be a cake. The gravy turned into a active volcanic eruption and everything overflowed out like lava. We tried to wash it repair it again 😒 but the taste so overwhelming 😩 for us we had to discard the entire experiment 😂. My Heart got scattered….. devastated and sad I was. Even that was not enough our neighbors Anjani and Tanu came to mock for fun. Typical “Virgo’s”. 🧐🧐

Although it was a failure at that time but an extremely memorable experience and an error story which I could tell my future friends.